Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has announced that the government has identified 20 Covid-19 hotspots that will be sealed to arrest the spread of the deadly diseases. He, however, did not reveal the names of the areas or the timeline of the sealing.
As per top government sources, the final list of areas to be sealed in Delhi will be issued on Thursday, to avoid panic. However, India Today TV has access to a partial list of areas likely to be put under complete lockdown in Delhi.
Tentative list of Covid-19 hotspots to be sealed
1. Entire affected street near Gandhi Park, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi
2. Entire affected street of Gali No 6, L1 Sangam Vihar, New Delhi
3. Shahajahanabad society, Plot No 1, Sector 11, Dwarka
4. Dinpur Village
5. Markaz and Nizamuddin Basti
6. Nizamuddin West (G and D block) areas
7. B Block Jhangirpuri
8. H No 141 to H No 180, Gali No 14, Kalyanpuri Delhi
9. Mansara Appartments, Vasundhara Enclave, Delhi
10. 3 streets of Khichirpur, Delhi
11. Gali No 9, Pandav Nagar, Delhi 110092.
12. Vardhaman Appartments, Mayur Vihar, Phase I, Extension, Delhi
13. Mayurdhwaj Appartments, IP Extension, Patparganj, Delhi
14. Gali No 4, from H. No. J- 3/115 (Nagar Dairy) to H. No. J- 3/108 (towards Anar wali Masjid Chowk), Kishan Kunj Extension, Delhi
15. Gali No 4, from H No J-3/101 to H No. J-3/107 Krishan Kunj Extension Delhi
16. Gali No 5, A Block (From H No. A- 176 to A-189), West Vinod Nagar, Delhi 110092
17. J, K, L & H Pockets, Dilshad Garden
18. G, H, J, Blocks, old Seemapuri
19. F-70 to 90, Dilshad Colony
20. Pratap Khand, Jhilmil Colony
NDMC has also sealed Delhi’s posh Bengali Market after three suspected cases were traced to accommodations above the market.
The government will ensure door-to-door delivery of essential services in sealed areas.
Delhi CM has also said that wearing masks while going out has been made compulsory in the national capital. People found without the mask will be prosecuted.
“Wearing of facial masks can reduce the spread of coronavirus substantially. Therefore, it has been decided that facial masks will be compulsory for anyone stepping out of their house. Cloth mask shall be eligible too,” Delhi CM Kejriwal said on Twitter.
The neighbouring Uttar Pradesh has also announced a complete lockdown of the hotspots in 15 districts, which include NCR’s Noida and Ghaziabad.
Source – India Today