Knifeman said ‘soppy boy isn’t strong enough’ about stabbing victim
Ali Hassan, 21, stabbed the victim that he had a “shared criminal history with” in Bolton on May 28 this year.
Bolton Crown Court heard how this came not long after he had been released from prison where he had been serving a sentence for aggravated burglary.
The Honorary Recorder for Bolton Judge Nicholas Clarke KC said: “Just over a month later, he’s stabbing somebody, puncturing their lung and giving them life threatening injuries.”
The court heard from prosecutor Nichola Durham how Hassan, who watched on via video link from prison, had been jailed for 47 months back in August 2023 for aggravated burglary.
The case was heard at Bolton Crown Court (Image: Anthony Moss)
Judge Clarke, the same judge to have jailed the now 21-year-old at the time, pointed out that his latest crime appeared to have been committed very shortly after his release.
He also noted that even at the time in August 2023, Hassan had already been in breach of a suspended sentence.
Abigail Holmes, defending, said that Hassan, of Gibbon Street, Deane, deserved credit for pleading guilty to section 18 assault at the earliest possible opportunity.
She said Hassan had “not had a smooth upbringing” and had been excluded from school and left with no qualifications leaving him an “immature” 21-year-old.
Ms Holmes also pointed out that the stabbing had not been a “random attack” but that the victim had been known to Hassan.
But Judge Clarke said that the two appeared to have a “shared criminal history” and had fallen out.
ALSO READ: Burglar broke into cannabis farm armed with ‘shiv’
ALSO READ: Praise for Bolton Crown Court as cases backlog falls
ALSO READ: Fears witnesses could be ‘denied justice’ as trials set to move from Bolton
He also noted several comments from Hassan’s pre-sentence report that he found troubling, which he said showed a “complete lack of empathy” for his victim.
Judge Clarke told the court the report said Hassan had apparently told the author of the report “it happens, f*ck it, soppy boy isn’t strong enough”.
Hassan had also apparently said that when he got out of prison “officers are not listening, I am going to cut and murder him”.
Judge Clarke ordered that Hassan be brought back to court to learn his fate on Tuesday November 25.
Source – INDIA TV

